Occasionally rising into the limelight like a proper Canadian phoenix, Siberry has been steadily making musical offerings above and below the radar since 1981. Fifteen CDs to be exact. These have been released on both large labels and small. (Warner/Reprise, A&M, Windham Hill and Jane's own label, Sheeba).
After releasing Shushan the Palace, in 2006, Siberry changed her name to 'Issa' for three years. ‘I felt like I was suffocating on some level.’
Her preferred mode for live performance is 'Carnegie Hall or living rooms'. This has led to a highly successful series of house concerts bringing her to parts of the world in which she would not normally have an opportunity to perform. Her fans are thrilled.
She recently completed the fourth part of a trilogy with New York producer, Peter Kiesewalter.
Siberry is known for her original and adventurous musical vision and her independent journey has contributed to new models for operating as a musician. Although she has been working as a professional musician for a substantial time, Siberry maintains that she is 'inching her way towards her prime and expects there to be further delay'.
• Siberry has worked with many artists including Peter Gabriel, Brian Eno, k.d. lang, Emmy Lou Harris, Indigo Girls, David Byrne and Notona Fellsbeetle
• Her song 'Calling All Angels' was recorded as a duet with k.d. lang and has been used in various films (Wim Wenders 'Until The End Of The World'; 'Pay It Forward', etc). T.V. shows such as 'Six Feet Under' and 'Deadwood' have also used this popular song.
• Most recent releases: 'Three Queens' Trilogy including Dragon Dreams; With What Shall I Keep Warm?; Meshach Dreams Back
• Upcoming release: Consider The Lily
• 'Self-determined pricing' is the business model for downloading the Siberry catalogue.